National Consumer Telecom & Utilities Exchange (NCTUE) is a credit reporting agency that maintains data, such as payment and account history, reported by member service providers in the telecommunications, pay TV, and utility industries.

Access to past credit behavior, such as account history and payment behavior, gives NCTUE member companies a more complete picture of your credit history and makes determining creditworthiness more efficient. Consumer data is managed by the Exchange Service Center, a third-party contractor of NCTUE which provides services to consumers on behalf of NCTUE.

Learn more about how NCTUE can fill the increasing gap between establishing and extending credit.


Q. What are NCTUE® Data Reports?

The NCTUE data report is a record of all telecommunication, pay TV and utility accounts reported by exchange members, including information about a consumer’s account history, unpaid closed accounts and customer service applications.

This information is used by other service providers that are members of NCTUE to assist them in the decisioning. The NCTUE Disclosure Report is the disclosure to a consumer of the information contained in his or her data file.

To request a copy of your NCTUE Disclosure Report, please call us at 1-866-349-5185.

You can also mail your request to:

NCTUE Disclosure Report
Exchange Service Center – NCTUE
P.O. Box 105161
Atlanta, GA 30348

Q. How can I correct or dispute inaccuracies in my NCTUE Disclosure Report?

If you believe that any item of information contained in your NCTUE Disclosure Report is incomplete or inaccurate, notify our team directly and if warranted, we will investigate the matter with the source that provided the information – free of charge.

Please complete and return the Research Request form included in the Disclosure Report and provide details of the information you believe is inaccurate. To enter a dispute by telephone, please call the number listed on your Disclosure Report: 1-866-343-2821. Remember, you must have a copy of your current Disclosure Report available during the call.

Based on the results of the investigation, we will either update the current status of the disputed information or delete the item from your Disclosure Report.

If the information that you have disputed has been verified as accurate by the service provider, it will remain on your Disclosure Report. However, you may add a statement of explanation to the report and work to resolve the dispute directly with the service provider that is the source of the information in question.

You may also submit your dispute via mail to NCTUE at the address below. Please include your name, address, Social Security number and date of birth in your request.

Q. How can I add a fraud alert to my NCTUE data file?

An initial fraud alert indicates to anyone requesting your NCTUE Disclosure Report that you suspect you are a victim of fraud. When you or someone else attempts to open a service account in your name, the service provider should take steps to verify that you have authorized the request. If the service provider cannot verify this, the request should not be satisfied.

An extended fraud alert is similar to an initial alert, except that it lasts for 7 years, and to verify your request, a service provider must contact you on the telephone number(s) you provided to NCTUE when you requested the extended fraud alert. A valid police report showing that you have been a victim of identity theft is required to place an extended fraud alert.

An active duty alert is available to persons on active military duty.

For more information on placing a fraud alert (initial fraud or extended fraud alert) or an active duty alert on your NCTUE Disclosure Report call us at 1-866-349-3233.

You can also mail your request to:

Disputes & Fraud
Exchange Service Center – NCTUE
P.O. Box 105398
Atlanta, GA 30348

You may also want to contact the nationwide credit reporting agencies to request that they place a fraud alert on your credit report. The addresses, phone numbers and websites are as follows:

P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374
(800) 525-6285

P.O. Box 9556
Allen, TX 75013
(888) 397-3742

P.O. Box 6790
Fullerton, CA 92834-6790
(800) 680-7289

If you are a victim of identity theft, you should contact the Federal Trade Commission’s Identity Theft Hotline to obtain more detailed information about how to protect yourself and recover from identity theft and to file an identity theft complaint. By sharing your identity theft complaint with the FTC, you will provide important information that can help law enforcement officials across the nation track down identity thieves and stop them. The FTC can refer victims’ complaints to other government agencies and companies for further action, as well as investigate companies for violations of laws the agency enforces. You can file a complaint online at by phone through the FTC’s Identity Theft Hotline, toll-free: 1-877-IDTHEFT (438-4338); TTY: 1-866-653- 4261; or write: Identity Theft Clearinghouse, Federal Trade Commission, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580.

Q. I have information on my NCTUE data report that is a result of being a victim of human trafficking. What can I do?

You can submit a request for NCTUE to remove or block adverse information resulting from human trafficking from your NCTUE data report, and the required supporting documents (see the response below for more on this) to Equifax by mail to:

Exchange Service Center – NCTUE
P.O. Box 105425
Atlanta, GA 30348

You may also call us at (866)-349-3233 to speak to an agent about the process for submitting a request related to adverse information resulting from human trafficking.

What documents are required to process my request and remove adverse information from my NCTUE data report that is a result of human trafficking?

For NCTUE to process your request and remove adverse information from your NCTUE data report that is the result of human trafficking, you need to submit the following documents and information with your request mailed to the above address:

  • A document that confirms that you were a victim of human trafficking, which may be one or more of the following types of documents:
    • A document that includes a determination that you were a victim of a form of human trafficking from:
      • A federal, state, tribal, or local governmental entity, government agency, or law enforcement entity; or
      • A non-governmental entity or task force authorized by a governmental agency to make such a determination;
    • A self-attestation – a statement prepared by you (or your representative) stating that you were a victim of human trafficking that is certified by an authorized employee or representative of such a governmental agency or non-governmental entity; or
    • One or more documents from a court indicating a determination by a court that you were a victim of human trafficking in a case where a central issue is whether you are a victim of human trafficking. Court documents can be made up of several documents from the court case that together show that the court accepted as true or found no genuine dispute that you were a victim of human trafficking; and
  • Proof of identity, which may include copies of a government issued ID, driver’s license, birth certificate, passport, Social Security card or W2 (make sure any photocopies are clear and readable); and
  • A statement identifying (1) the specific items of adverse information on your NCTUE data report that resulted from human trafficking (for example, by including the account number and creditor name) and (2) the mailing address (or email address) that NCTUE should use to communicate with you in writing about your request.

If a designated representative, like your attorney or a victim assistance advocate, is preparing your statement or submitting your request on your behalf, they must also include proof of their identity and documentation that you have authorized them to act for you, like a valid power of attorney. Copies of these documents must be mailed with your request to the address provided above.

If you have additional questions, call us at (866)-349-3233.

Q. Can I opt out of pre-approved offers based on NCTUE data?

A. Yes. NCTUE provides information to companies that provide consumers with pre-approved offers of credit. If you would like to Opt-Out and exclude NCTUE information about you from being used in lists provided to companies that make pre-approved offers of credit (as provided in the Fair Credit Reporting Act), you may call us toll free at 1-888-327-4376.

You may also submit your request via mail to NCTUE at the address below. Please include your name, address, Social Security number and date of birth in your request.

Opt Out
Exchange Service Center – NCTUE
P.O. Box 105398
Atlanta, GA 30348

Q. What is the process to place a security freeze on my NCTUE reports?

A. You may place, temporarily lift or remove a security freeze on your NCTUE data file. A security freeze is designed to prevent the information in your NCTUE data file from being reported to others, such as service providers and other companies.

To determine the methods for placing, requesting a temporary lift, or removing a security freeze, please click here or call us at 1-866-349-5355.

You may submit your request via mail to:

Security Freeze
Exchange Service Center – NCTUE
P.O. Box 105561
Atlanta, GA 30348

Q. How do the services under NCTUE affect residents of Colorado?

A. Under Colorado law, you may have received a letter detailing activity on your consumer file maintained with NCTUE. Instructions detailing how to obtain a disclosure copy of your consumer file are included in the letter.

Pursuant to the Colorado Consumer Credit Reporting Act (C.R.S. 5-18-106), a consumer reporting agency shall notify a consumer, by letter sent by first-class mail, that the consumer reporting agency will provide the consumer with a disclosure copy of his or her consumer file at no charge and a toll-free telephone number to call to request such a copy, when one of the following events occurs within a twelve-month period:

  1. The consumer reporting agency has received eight (8) credit inquiries pertaining to the consumer
  2. Or
  3. The consumer reporting agency has received a report that would add negative information to a consumer’s file

Each consumer reporting agency shall, upon request of a consumer, provide the consumer with one disclosure copy of his or her file per year at no charge. If the consumer requests more than one disclosure copy of his or her file per year, the consumer reporting agency may charge the consumer up to eight dollars for each additional disclosure copy.

For any questions regarding this legislation, please call customer service at 1-877-657-9006 during our Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm in your time zone.

Q. How do the services under NCTUE affect residents of California?

A. As a not-for-profit consumer reporting agency governed by the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq.), NCTUE is exempt from the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.).

If you are interested in knowing more about the information NCTUE maintains on your credit history, you may request a consumer disclosure from NCTUE by writing to us at the following address:

NCTUE Disclosure Report
P.O. Box 105161
Atlanta, GA 30348

Still have questions or not finding what you need?  Just click here to reach out to us by email

Scroll to Top